Thursday, November 19, 2009

letter the twenty-first: pardon me, but you're wrong

I admit that I am no fan of stupidity. In fact, I try my best to point it out and often rant about it on this here series of tubes. I also, probably stupidly, don't really pay attention to my own editorial page. I know, what sort of editor doesn't look at/do the editorial page? This one.

Every now and then, I do look at something before it runs and approve of it running. We got this.



An immigrant (we established who it was and let it go anonymously per the request) wondered why immigrants are treated poorly and sometimes deported if he or she commits a crime and tried to justify some being illegal because of the hassle of the Department of Homeland Security and so on and so forth. The writer seemed a bit misinformed but I figured the letter would at least spark some sort of conversation and let it go.

Then this ran without me seeing it. I probably would have let it go but ... ouch. That could have been phrase a little nicer.




If you can't read it consider it tl;dr, let me sum it up. We don't like ILLEGAL immigrants, moron. We deport those. As a citizen, you now have your right to voice your opinion but I also have the right to tell you to shut your whore mouth when I disagree with you and you're wrong. Welcome to America. ... Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know the drill. You can be snarky but this is not the place to be racist, sexist, advertise your site or one simple rule for losing weight while whitening your teeth, &c. If you can't play nice, you get put in time out. Don't make me have to moderate comments.