Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday Deaths, vol. 5

The spammers got a little creative this week. If poetry is dead, they killed it.
"What do you do with a B.A. in English?" Well, poetry majors can no longer aspire to work for Burma Shave so I guess penis enlargement ads are the next best thing. The following are the first lines of two consecutive e-mails that came in the spam folder.

"Your member will rich with every inch/Your male tool will shine like a jewel"
"Swim in deeper ocean with your new proportion"

Instead of deleting them, I almost want to send a reply along the line of that being a valiant effort but I must give them a C. Now, if they send me spam in a spondee or an iamb instead of childish trochees, I might just be inclined to buy their snake oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know the drill. You can be snarky but this is not the place to be racist, sexist, advertise your site or one simple rule for losing weight while whitening your teeth, &c. If you can't play nice, you get put in time out. Don't make me have to moderate comments.